Royal travels takes to the city called Salem, the name 'Salem' appears to have been derived from Sela or Shalya by which the term refers to the country around the hills, as in the inscriptions. Local tradition claims Salem as the birth place of Tamil poetess Avvaiyar. Salem is also well known for MANGOES.
Salem Royal travels is the one of the town of Tamil Nadu located in the Western part of the southern most state of India. Almost completely surrounded by hills, Salem is one of the major textile centres in the World. Salem city had population of about 693,236 according to the census of 2001. Also a survey of 2006 says that the current estimated population is about 8.4 lakhs. Also Salem city is said to be the fifth largest city in Tamil Nadu in landscape.
Salem Royal travels is also called as Steel City, Agro City, Limestone City, Electric City, and Mango City. Which itself gives a definition for the name ‘SALEM’.
The reason for the names is,
Steel city - The Salem is the Existence of Steel plant in the City.
Agro City- Salem is gifted with large area of Agricultural lands in and around the city and Salem District.
Limestone City- Salem Royal travels is also gifted with natural resource like Limestone, Magnesium carbonate and iron ore in the foothills of yercaud. Thus the availability of limestone gives this name to the city. Electric City- The power grid in Mettur Dam situated near the city. This is a very important source of power for northern parts of TamilNadu and even to Bangalore city in Karnataka. Mango City- This is the name this city is called right from the earlier days. Salem is larger and biggest market in south India for Mangoes.
Salem Royal travels. About this sound pronunciation is a city and a corporation in Salem district in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu, located in the north central part of the southernmost state of India. It is the 5th largest Municipal Corporation and Urban agglomeration in Tamil Nadu next to Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai and Trichy.
Salem Royal travels is a part of the Kongu Nadu, an ancient division of Tamilakam comprising the western Tamil Nadu. Almost completely surrounded by hills, Salem is at the base of the renowned tourist destination of Yercaud hills, which offers breathtaking views both along the ride up the hill and from the peak. There are also remote sites of beauty such as Kiliyur Falls and Kavery peak. Yercaud is at an altitude of 1600 m above mean sea level.
Salem Royal travels city is surrounded by a natural amphitheater of hills formed by the Nagaramalai to the north, the Jarugumalai to the south, the Kanjamalai to the west, and Godumalai to the east. It is divided by the river Thirumanimuthar in the main division. The fort area is the oldest part of the town.
Salem is a transit point for travel between Chennai, Bangalore, Thiruvananthapuram, Coimbatore, Madurai, Ernakulam/Cochin, Pondicherry, Trichy, Tirunelveli(nellai) and other places. As this makes possible for through Royal travels
Salem has 2 major Bus Stations as mentioned below
* MGR Integrated Bus Terminus also called as Central Bus Terminus (New Bus Stand)- Mofussil Routes * Town Bus Station (Old Bus Stand)- Local Routes which is located in the congested part of the town. This is also known as Anna Bus stand in which the above stations can be done through Royal travels
Palani Royal travels is a city and a municipality in the Dindigul district of the South Indian state of Tamil Nadu. Palani is pronounced using the special 'L' used in Tamil and is also spelt as "Pazhani" in English. It is located about 60 km from the city of Dindigul. It is a famous pilgrimage town and every year more than 7 million devotees visit the Palani Murugan Temple and offer their prayers to the Lord Muruga. This temple draws the largest number of devotees in Tamil Nadu.
1) Murugan Temple - This is the prime attraction in Palani. One has top climb 670 steps to reach the temple. Alternatively ,there is a Haulage Winch (a small rope train) and a Rope Car to goto the temple on the top of the hill. From the hill top, one can have a beautiful view of entire Palani town and the agricultural places around it.
2) Tiru Avinankudi Temple is in the foot of the Palani Hills. This is oldest and largest temple. Usually before going to the main hill temple, devotees visit this temple.
3) Mariamman Kovil is one of the famous temples in the surrounding area. This temple is located about 1 km from the bus stand.
4) Periyanayaki amman kovil or Aanai Kovil is one of the oldest temples in Palani. This temple is carved out of stones. There won't be much crowd in this temple.
5) Kuthiraiyar Dam Falls - located near Pappampatti, Palani. It has a water falls at the back of the dam. Once you reach the dam, one can find the way to go to falls with the help of the local villagers. There is a small trekking route available to reach the Kumbai which is about 1 km from the falls.
6) Thekkanthottam - another small water falls near the Palani. Water from this place is taken into Palani through pipes and stored in Palani Hill Water Tank named as Water dam, which then distributed to Palani after filtration. To reach this water falls, you have to take bus from Palani and get down at Thekkan thottam, where there is a forest department check post. From the village you have to walk 3 to 4 km to reach the falls. The places on the are beautiful and pleasant. On the way you can find a small dam. after that the path becomes difficult. Actually there is no pathway after this point. you have to climb small rocks and find your own way. you can find many small water falls of about 6 to 7 feet height. The mountain on the two sites of the path looks really good and dense. There is no way of getting lost in the forest, as you can always find your way back by following the water ways.
7) In Palani, Varathamanathi Dam - A picnic spot where children can amuse themselves. It is on the way to Thekkanthottam and about 7 km from Palani. you can reach there by city buses and buses bound for Kodaikanal.
Palani Hills is part of the oldest mountain range that can be found in India. This mountain range dates back to the prehistoric Pre-Cambrian period and is made up of such rock types as gneisses, charnockites, and schists. Located in the southern portion of India, the Palani Hills portion of the mountain range is named well since it is a terrain that is more hilly than actually mountainous. It is found on the eastern portion of the Western Ghats. The green plant life of the town is utterly breathtaking and pristine.
Palani is one of the tourists place and can be viewed by Royal travels